Are you looking for a change? Check out our current job openings.
You can fill out an online application in the fields below, or print a PDF version at the bottom of the page.
Job Summary: The primary job function is to supply and maintain all raw material handling systems and auxiliary equipment, with the primary goal of providing the production floor with the defect-free raw materials necessary to produce high quality products. This position is considered non-exempt from the overtime provision of the FLSA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver a regular supply of the appropriate raw materials to the proper press.
• Ensure raw materials have appropriate time to dry.
• Ensure that proper identification (specifically, labeling) of raw materials is maintained, from the staging area to the appropriate production press, then back again to storage. (If materials are found without any identification, the material must immediately be quarantined.)
• Communicate pertinent information to Process Technicians, Lead Operators, QC Inspectors, and other Material Handlers.
• Perform shift change walk around at beginning and end of each shift.
• Avoid contamination of raw materials through the practice of cleanliness in all stages of the material handling process.
• Check basic functions of raw material handling systems-loaders, dryers, grinders, hoppers-cleaning or replacing loader and dryer filters at specified intervals.
• Notify the maintenance department of equipment that is not functioning properly.
• Clean each press at the end of each production job; removing old parts, runners, purge, loose raw materials, etc.
• Check each machine immediately before each production run for old parts, runners, loose raw materials, etc.
• Complete all required paperwork for upper management such as Line Clearance, Changeover Logs, and Lot Number Checks.
• Complete all work in a SAFE manner and in accordance with ISO9001 and other Atlas Precision standards.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Selects and delivers all packaging materials needed to package the final product to the operators on the production floor. (Boxes, Bags, Inserts, Covers, Etc….)
• Dispositions molding by-product runners, either by grinding them into reusable materials and reintroducing them into the system, or by discarding them.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Shift Supervisor.
Location: Arden, NC
Job Type: Full-time
• Ability to perform basic math
• Ability to work standing 100% of the workday
• Ability to lift and maneuver 75 pounds
• Ability to climb ladders
• Ability to take and follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to work in a team environment with minimum direct supervision
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
Pay starts at $11-$12/hr
← Back to All Listings
We may be interested in considering the resumes of persons with plastic injection molding experience for positions that may or may not be posted on this page. Please contact us if you are interested in working with a dynamic and growth-oriented company.