• Operations Management: Demonstrated expertise in improving under-performing operations, as well as optimizing execution and financial performance within stable environments using proven Toyota Production System methodologies.
• Leadership: Established a record of building a motivated, functionally diverse organization using clearly focused goals and treating all with respect.
• Continuous Improvement: Multiple successful projects depicting a clear understanding of the Toyota Production System principles and how to quickly and effectively implement.
• Business Development: Organic growth – finding and preserving capacity using continuous improvement methods. Acquisitions – served on 5 acquisition teams acquiring and divesting companies/businesses.
Specialties: Advanced understanding of Lean Manufacturing.
• Operations Management: Successful implementation of multi-shift operations while reducing downtime, improving OEE, and reducing defects.
• Leadership: Held leadership positions in the manufacturing and service industries, including production, quality, warehousing and logistics, and engineering.
• Quality: Quality systems and regulatory compliance management experience
• Continuous Improvement: Experience with training and development of staff to implement a culture of lean for multi-facility organizations.
Prior to joining Atlas Precision, Larry served as Director of Business Development for a global automotive injection molding company where he led corporate business development and new client systems for facilities in the US and Canada. And as a Director for a clinical trial support organization partnering with clients to bring their device or compound to market.
Larry holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and is an active volunteer in his community.
He and his wife Anne are originally from North Carolina.
Extensive management and leadership experience from positions associated with Engineering, Quality, Planning, and Manufacturing roles.
Industrial Technology degree (BS) from Western Carolina University, coupled with a Drafting and Design degree (AAS) from Asheville Buncombe Technical College.
Demonstration of effective communication skills with customers and associates. Promotion of a team-oriented environment, developing versatility and personal growth individually.
Accomplished continuous improvement through the development of personnel and systems, with focus on primary organizational objectives and their achievement.